Thursday, April 30, 2009

5 Movies That Even I am Surprised I Haven't Seen Yet, Vol. 1...



I've seen a lot of movies in my life...and through the years I have attempted to see many of the films considered to be "culturally important" by film critics. I have had years to see the movies listed below, however...they have been continuously pushed further down the list of "I need to see that someday".

1. Saving Private Ryan



1st strike against it: it's about World War II. I am not a big WWII guy. 2nd strike: it was two VHS tapes long. I tried to watch it on VHS one time, lasted about 15 minutes before I realized it wasn't going to have enough interest to sustain the next 170 minutes of my young life.

2. Purple Rain



I love Prince. I love movies from the 80's. I hate that I have no excuse for having never seen this before.

3. Butch Cassidy & The Sundace Kid



The on-screen duo to beat all on-screen duo's just hasn't been enough to motivate me yet.

4. The Great Escape



Here we have another clear cut World War II factor. I have heard nothing but great things about this film over the years, yet the WWII setting is just enough to keep me at bay.

5. The Usual Suspects



I can hear the collective gasp now. Look, someone attempted to ruin the ending for me. That is my excuse. I (sort of) know that Kevin Spacey is the bad guy in some evil way and also that it has some sort of twist ending. I will get to it, just not right now.

No comments: