Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Favorite Things in 2008



I went back to L.A. and Monique went with me (we met the great Beau)
I saw Kevin Garnett finally win a much deserved NBA title
I saw Radiohead live... for free!
I had a mole removed from my chest, something that I should have done years ago
I saw "There Will Be Blood" at Neon movies in Dayton, OH
I saw the Dodos live at Earlham college around 1:00 a.m.
I saw Wolf Parade live at Southgate House (after a 3 year wait)
I learned how to grill the perfect steak
I got back into watching Major League Baseball after a 16 year lapse
I saw Modest Mouse live for the 9th time
I co-hosted yet another great/memorable Halloween party
I started playing the Powerball
I voted for Barack Obama and saw him elected to be our 44th president
I helped to finally finish decorating and furnishing our spare room
I made a concentrated effort to sharply decrease my level of procrastination
I started waking up even earlier (7:30 a.m. instead of 8:30 a.m.)
I saw the Colts lose the AFC South for the first time in 5 years (as I predicted it in August)
I discovered the wonderful world of zip/rar files
I put a sizeable dent in my pursuit to see at least 90 of the AFI Top 100 Films
I saw the Yankees miss the MLB playoffs for the first time in 13 years
I did not eat the following for 365 days: McDonalds, Burger King or Taco Bell
I became part of the 'Rate Your Music' community
I began creating a 'MicroMix' for each season of the year
I started watching "Good Eats" and learned the science/joy of cooking (thanks Alton)
I tried soy milk
I got into Leonard Cohen (as I suspected I would several years ago)
I continued to be surrounded/supported by the people who make me who I am: my friends

No comments: