Friday, March 20, 2009

Modest Mouse on The Late Show

"Satellite Skin"




lyrics:

If you break these moth wing feelings
Powdered dust on your fingers
Well know that I'm praying on leaving
You know just to say you believe in
Well how the heck did you think you could beat them
I could say on that you're trying to be them
Oh no, just to say you don't need it when they
Took it up while you were still eating

Oh Satellite, satellite skin
Just long enough just to say you don't need it
Well everybody's willing to listen
So satellite, satellite skin
You could say what you want, you're forgiven
Well happy fucking congratulations
Well everyone, everyone wins
Just like me in my own solar system
You could do things up then totally twist them
Oh what will you, oh what the hell
If you break these moth wing feelings
Butterfly knives in the ceiling
Well everyone, everyone's waiting
Detachments get praised and completed
You can say what you want and not mean it
Well no one really seems to be waiting

If you sweep up this mess I've created
Nothing left to show I existed
Except satellite, satellite skin
Asking for the question
Was it easy to say and walk out, you were gone
Do you even believe that
Do you even believe me, if you did so before
If you break these moth wing feelings
I have seen it all
In hotel lights
In old eyes
You had to look at it all before you even said
You are the future of what old souls are
Just to tell you I could not have seen you through the
Happy as you've been

No comments: